First world problems

OK let's all agree that different systems suit different users requirements - and leave it at that. All still friends? (y)(y) :giggle:

This will occur every and any time mixed formats are mentioned together, it does get silly I agree. But I guess it's all semi-on topic as you were deciding between different formats for travel. I would have suggested your XH1, 35 F2 and 55-200 was the best compromise but you've sold the H1 since, unless of course you have 2?

I have a Crumpler something 7500 small bag fits a canon 1D with a short lens mounted, flash and another lens and pocket for a few bits like batteries and memory cards. I usually take 16-35, 70-200 and 24-70 all f/2.8 when I travel and take 2 lenses depending on what I am doing that day. Usually the 16-35 spends most time on the camera. 24-70 and then the 70-200 sits in the hotel safe most of the trip or the car boot but its normally accessible if I need it.

This will occur every and any time mixed formats are mentioned together, it does get silly I agree. But I guess it's all semi-on topic as you were deciding between different formats for travel. I would have suggested your XH1, 35 F2 and 55-200 was the best compromise but you've sold the H1 since, unless of course you have 2?

No Keith I sold my other one a few months back when I bought the X-T3. In any case, now I have the Nikon Z 14-30 on the way, I think the Z6 set-up is definitely what I'll be taking.

If nothing else it will enable me to get a real perspective on travelling with a FF system compared to the crop systems I've been using for holidays for the last dozen years or so, and allow me to see if there really is a big advantage in usability or ultimate image quality (for what I'll be using it for) in using FF, or if my even smaller and lighter EM1 MK II kit would have done just as well. A decent little experiment. I shall let you all know my thoughts when I return in due course.

Last edited:
Back