Fisherman under the Milky Way

Looks like you didn't quite paste the link to the image correctly but I went to your flickr, some really great images there.

You've got it now, flickr doesn't make it easy. Great image, what was the exposure time?

Reactions: RIR
Hi Ainsley,
Great picture - your Flickr portfolio has some superb night sky photography including some unusual ones. Have you tried Starship Asterisk to see if you can get some used on APOD which of course is run by NASA - it may be easier than you think. Can I also recommend you enter this years Astronomy Photographer of the Year competition as I feel that with the quality of your work you could possibly do well. If you have too many images and need help choosing which to enter then you should be able to find me on the 500px site & there is a contact email you can use.
Best of luck
James Woodend (APOTY overall winner 2014)

Thanks for the comments guys. JBW, I entered the Astronomy Photographer of the year in 2014 but didn't get shortlisted. One of my images of Venus rising did get used in their advertising campaign sets. I do intend to enter some this year maybe including the above image for the people and space category, I'll be starting my milky way season next week if the weather permits and will hopefully get some better shots:)

F1.2, he didn't catch anything as his line wasn't even cast out. There would have been too much movement on the rod tips for the long exposure:)

Last edited:
Very impressive - it must have taken a lot of research to make that shot!, I've never seen anything quite like it.

Back