Fix the sky in a panorama

Name
Sam
Edit My Images
Yes
Just did a quick crop and export of this image and was wondering if I can clean up the sky so its not got the banding on it?

Ta

28689416564_b379d5e12b_b.jpg

I too get similar problems Sam. In general I just play about with the clone tool until it looks better. I'm sure someone will come along soon with a much better solution.

Although it doesn't help with your question, I believe it could be caused by vignetting, did you have filters on?

You probably need to fix the vignetting on the original images before creating the pano - have a look in the Lens Corrections tab of LR or apply a positive vignette until the sky is even, then apply the same setting to all images in the series.

Been having a look at this, in Photoshop you have Vignette Removal tool when doing panorama merges. I can't seem to find reference to one in Lightroom though.

It's in the manual section of lens correction (or it is in LR5.7) - down at the bottom of the section:

Lenscorr.jpg

You should not get banding like that as the better programs like PTGui and PT Assembler can correct for it semi automatically. And remove it entirely, even if the exposure varies between shots. Or if it was caused by vignetting.
with basic stitching programs like photoshop it is much more difficult.

How many images were stitched?

Last edited:
I think it was 7 images. I think the issue is a preset with a vignette on, I'll see what I can do to rectify that

I was wondering why you made a stitch of the shot unless you are going to make a massive enlargement? As such a distant view is usually within the scope of a standard zoom.
I have never bothered about distortions or vignetting , though most newer cameras remove it in jpegs or as automatic adjustments in the raw processor,
as PTAssembler removes the effects anyway.

Back