Fixation - any good?

Edit My Images
No
I'm interested in a used lens from Fixation but they don't have descriptions/photos of the lenses online. It's a lot to pay out for something unseen so I'm interested to know of anyone's experiences with them.

I did use the search function but only found one thread (negative) relating to used equipment purchases. The others are all about servicing. I'm interested to know if anyone else has bought equipment from them as it's a big purchase.

Have purchased a few bits from Fixation (bunch of L lenses and a tripopd) and in my opinion they are a super-professional outfit and well worth considering if interested in second-hand gear.

Just my 2p worth.

Glad to help out.

FWIW, from the outside their place looks totally unimpressive but once inside it is trully an Aladin's cave of wonderful camera gear - doubt you will be unimpressed then !

Regards

Sounds cool and maybe a little dangerous for the credit card! I won't be visiting though - buying online.

I agree with Gary43, I've used them often and they are professional, reliable (on offering honest advice and service options). Although not the cheapest in town, the old adage of "you get what you pay for" applies here.

Fixation are excellent they also rent kit, repair it and calibrate it. Don't worry about buying from them they are good guys, they are really a pro place rather than a consumer place which is why you may not have heard of them.

Thanks - that's good to hear as I bought a 24-70 from them yesterday! Just waiting for it to arrive.

Prices shown do not include vat,although i dont understand why you have to pay vat twice on the same item....

Mifsuds told me that there is no vat on secondhand camera equipment?

It depends on how you do your accounts as to whether VAT is payable. Its basically a lot simpler if it is charged for a company like Fixation.

Ive dealt with them a fair amount over the last 5 years and always had excellent service. Ive mainly used them for repairs and rentals but i do know a few people who have bought stuff second hand without issue - ive also known a couple to haggle the price down...

Cheers

Nat
B->

Back