Fizzy Pencils

Edit My Images
Yes
x3y4b4.jpg

First try with the 90mm Tamron and 5d mk2.

It's a nice image McNeep that's for sure but it's very soft.

Your shutter speed is far too low to produce a crisp shot of moving liquid and ISO 400 at such close range will degrade the image a touch.

F9 is fine, though F8 would have been just as fine and allowed a faster shutter speed. Do you have an external flash unit? If so, try using that with your camera on Manual F8.0, 1/200th and ISO 100. Dial down your flash exposure compensation a touch too to reduce blowing out highlights.

If you don't have an external flash, you can still use the onboard one with the same settings suggested. Even good strong natural light or a lamp near by can help although you may have to slow the shutter speed a touch/increase ISO to 200.

And as it's your first attempt, despite CC's, it's a very good attempt and I must have a go at this too :)

Keep shooting and post more :)

Ian,

Thanks for the honest crit.

I do have a external flash, but time and space today meant I didnt have it set up, and the 5d does not have flash onboard.

Today was a tester to see if the container and the liquid (cheap fizzy water at 10p from tesco) would work together.

I will get a chance to retry this soon and will post up better (I hope) images.

Paddy

Cool.. looking forward to seeing it. :)

Back