flash and toy cars..

Name
matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
i have finished school now and always bored so i thought i would play around with my camera, i got some old toy cars placed them on a plain black matt and used the off camera flash..

these are some of the photos..

_DSC0001.jpg
[/IMG]

_DSC0060.jpg
[/IMG]

_DSC0096.jpg
[/IMG]

thanks for looking

i did clean them after i just wanted to see what effect the dust would give it but these were the best three.

yea i did it in my bedroom i had the car on a black mat on a chair the flash just under the height of the chair and used the reflector for the soft light.

thanks

i think im gonna get a cheap light box set up to play around with,

how much is it for the whole light set up aswell as the box, thanks a lot

has anyone else got any coments on the photos, thanks

I quite like the idea of the photo's although they are a little dark for my liking... 1. is my favourite though...

I was thinking on doing something similar for practice as I have a toy car we got when filling up with petrol from shell, but you can wind it up so was thinking on sticking some led's on the back and doing some light trail picks :)

As already mentioned, they're a bit dark and lacking detail. Putting a black subject against a black background means the subject might not stand out as much as it could; try a lighter background and see if the shots improve.

You haven't picked an easy subject - lighting metal, especially dark metal, is not easy at all as it's so reflective. I can't offer any major advice though as I haven't gotten to the chapter on metal in Light Science & Magic yet!

Have a read up on lighting techniques. If you need softboxes, make your own to save some cash. There are plenty of tutorials on the interwebs. Google 'DIY softbox' or similar.

George.

i have had a look on google for a diy lightbox and was wondering if i can use my flashgun on its own rather than other lights

Theres been a couple of posts in this section in the last week or so of people using flashes with light tents, they're currently at the bottom of page 1.

Back