Flash broken

Name
Jordie
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, recently, my flash just 'Stopped working'

I had used it on the Sunday for a christening, then coming to take a pciture of my brother the flash just wouldnt chare or flash. I am hoping the bulb has gone, but it could be anything.

It pops up on every setting incl. the ones that dont use it (Except manual where I have to bring the flash up myself) My orst nightmare is that its something serious.

I have taken it to Jessops and because I bought it off a shop on eBay they said they cant do anything except ring Nikon.

But before I do that I would like a second opinion because Jessops wernt really of any use.

Thanks in advance
Jordie

Yeah tis the onboard flash,

And I have a Nikon D40

Ahh...that problem has been covered here before.

fixation:
"We could repair the camera here for you for a cost of :

£65.00 labour plus VAT
£10.00 plus VAT return postage if necessary (or you can collect in person)

I have seen the problem before, there is a switch in the top cover that gets broken, just through use; there is nothing you could have done to stop it from happening, it is electronic component failure and just bad luck I guess. It doesn't just happen on the D40 but other Nikon camera too"

so £88 above plus my delivery to them, as i don't live close by. so as above £100!

Thanks, more help than Jessops. I will ring the number and see how much nikon charge and of course jessops. and if not then I assume I will just come back here.

Thanks again Flash In The Pan.

Can you claim against insurance if your camera is covered.

Realspeed

Another idea would be to get a Nikon accessory flash gun for about £30 more than the repair bill, assuming the fault isn't related to the hotshoe itself...

Just my 2p worth and humble opinion :)

Back