Flash Gun

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
I am about to get a Fuji XT-4 and wondered if my Neewer Flash gun will work with that. I actually got it for my Canon camera. I have read somewhere that there ar universal flash triggers.

Neewer don't make flashguns - or anything else - but if you can tell us the model number someone will know who made it and it should be possible to answer your question.

'Universal triggers'?

Manual triggers are pretty much brand agnostic. If you mean TTL; then the Godox system allows you to use a Godox - Fuji trigger to control a Godox - Canon flash, or indeed a Godox Canon receiver attached to a Canon compatible flash from another manufacturer.

But as Garry says, if you want specific advice - we need to know your flash.

Don't know about Fuji but most hot shoes will fire a flash in the centre pin with no TTL. Problems may arise if the other flash pins contact the other hot shoe pads and confuse the camera into trying TTL

Neewer don't make flashguns - or anything else - but if you can tell us the model number someone will know who made it and it should be possible to answer your question.
On the front of the flash it say's :-RoHS, Neewer, on the rear NW680

TBH if I was spending that amount on a camera I would sell the flash and buy a dedicated flash for the camera, Nissin , Godox etc and get the benefit of TTL rather than mess about with flash triggers which in all probability will only give you manual flash.
My Neewer wireless triggers only work my Nissin flashes in manual on my XT-1

I’d probably replace the flash too.

Unless you’re absolutely certain you never want to use it on camera?

But as an answer to your original query, if you buy a Godox Fuji transmitter and a Canon receiver, you should be able to use the flash seamlessly off camera. (a new flash wouldn’t cost much more)

Last edited:
Back