FLASH HELP.PLEASE

Name
graham
Edit My Images
Yes
being a flash noob,i am struggling with my new 568ex yongnou.
on testing flash with d7000, the actual flash fires 3 small flashes
before main flash except in camera auto mode.is this normal?
i have tried all manner of settings on flash and camera but
to n0 avail.can anyone help please??

It sounds as though you have focus assist activated, or red eye reduction?

Sounds like red-eye reduction.
The flash fires before the exposure is made to cause the subjects' pupils to contract so you don't get red-eye with the main flash.

but surely it would do the same in auto mode? iwill search thru and turn off.
will let u know, thx for replies

still bamboozled !! just tried yongnou 560 and thats ok,any ideas??

Have you set it on 'Multi'?
Try ETTL.
Multi is strobe flash not multiple flash guns.

sorted i think.after trying every possible setting to no avail.i adjusted the seating in hot shoe.by pulling it back slightly
so it missed a contact point.tightened it down and bingo!!!!my guess it is not for a d7ooo,but i will perservere
and hope the prob is srted.[i would return it,but my mandarin is not fluent !!!] thanks for your help guys.

sorted i think.after trying every possible setting to no avail.i adjusted the seating in hot shoe.by pulling it back slightly
so it missed a contact point.tightened it down and bingo!!!!my guess it is not for a d7ooo,but i will perservere
and hope the prob is srted.[i would return it,but my mandarin is not fluent !!!] thanks for your help guys.
Which camera did you buy the flash for then,if not the D7000 ?

kestral;was purchased for d7000,it is compatible with a lot of nikon models,just tested on a d5000.
same result,pull it back approx 5mm and it performs as it should !!.pardon the pun but
can anyone shed any light on this??

no neither me shaun. stupid question,would the unit work on a canon hot shoe or impossible?

no there are two verisons of the 568...one for Nikon which is the "568 EX" and the Canon one is the "568 EX ii"

if you;re not happy then send it back!
I finally made a decision and went for an SB700 :)

kestral;was purchased for d7000,it is compatible with a lot of nikon models,just tested on a d5000.
same result,pull it back approx 5mm and it performs as it should !!.pardon the pun but
can anyone shed any light on this??

crap quality control probably - Chinese QC is renowned for being variable. if you aren't happy send it back and ask for either a refund or replacement. I wouldn't worry too much about the language barrier either - a hell of a lot of Chinese speak passable english

cheers guys.looks like my model is a bit dodgy then.i must say though,ive got other yongnou gear
and it performs great,will send unit back. thx for replies.

Back