Flash Help .....

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
I'm after some quick advise please.

I got myslef a Canon 450d SLR a few months back, and whilst I initially got it to take pictures at the various boxing shows I attend, I am now using it all the time!!! After buying a 50mm f1.8 Nifty Fifty, I am also taking plenty of portaights of family etc.

I noticed that Jessops currently have an offer on the Jessops 300AFD Digital Flashgun for (Canon AF). Is this a decent upgrade from the built in flash on the 450d - or just a waste of money???

I am interested in taking my dSLR photography further, and am always on the lookout for upgrades etc - do you think this is worthwhile bit of kit? Would I see the difference, or am I just wasting my cash?

Comments appreciated.....

Ideally you'd be better off with one of Canon's own flashes, but they're a wee bit more expensive :bonk:

It doesn't get a great
review, but to be fair, at £35 you can't expect a lot. The best way to look at it is the most you can lose is £35, but in reality if you didn't like it you'd probably still get £25 back for it secondhand...

Gotta agree with what Flash says. It's more powerful than the onboard flash but no ettl I think. I would suggest looking out for a 2nd hand 430/550/580 model on the net. They crop up here and there quite often and for the extra money will offer you much more than the jessops model.

Gotta agree with what Flash says. It's more powerful than the onboard flash but no ettl I think. I would suggest looking out for a 2nd hand 430/550/580 model on the net. They crop up here and there quite often and for the extra money will offer you much more than the jessops model.

The review I've linked to in my edit says believe it or not, that it is e-ttl compatible at that money. Apparently it used to be £100 too :shake:

There are a couple of Canon 430;s on eBay for around the £50 mark .... mmmmm

The review I've linked to in my edit says believe it or not, that it is e-ttl compatible at that money. Apparently it used to be £100 too :shake:

Aye, it was £100, and jessops used to discount it to £50 if bought at the same time as a camera. It's not a bad unit for the money, and at £35 quid or so, very good value. However, I feel the resale value these days would probably only be in the region of £25 or so. Wonder why they're knocking them out so cheap these days? Where's food poison when you need him? lol

Back