Flash info needed

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a sony alpha A100 and have came across my dads old minolta 2500(D) flashgun in the attic. I'm not 100% i can use it so i didnt want to take any chances. Does anyone know if it will work?? Obviously not the best flash, but its free and i currently dont have a flash ( apart from the poor built in fla....LED :p )

I think it might but your best bet is to check the flash section over at dyxum.com

I had a quick look too via Google. If you search a bit deeper there are a few random forum posts about the same camera/flash combo. No details though, just a sort of general agreement that it'll work in some form.

I have a sony alpha A100 and have came across my dads old minolta 2500(D) flashgun in the attic. I'm not 100% i can use it so i didnt want to take any chances. Does anyone know if it will work?? Obviously not the best flash, but its free and i currently dont have a flash ( apart from the poor built in fla....LED :p )

This seems to suggest it is compatible, but :shrug:

Cheers for that Kev. The only real negative seems to be the recycle time but its got to be better than my built in flash. Found this info on it earlier, but having never used an external flash, the following means nothing to me :LOL: :

Released: 2003
Max GN (m): 25
GN at 50mm: 25
Digital ready: Yes
Zoom range: 28
Auto Zoom: No
Auto zoom adjust: No
Tilt: 0-90
Swivel: No
Wireless flash: No
Wireless HSS: No
Manual Flash: No
HSS: No
ADI: Yes
AF assist light: Yes
WB assist: No

It says: ADI flash metering & P-TTL Flash metering OK but TTL flash metering is not avaliable??

Whats the difference between P-TTL & TTL???

Back