Flash on Pentax K1000

Ros

Name
Rosaline
Edit My Images
Yes
Trying to help someone with an inherited Pentax K1000. They have tried to use a Prinz Jupiter 177 flash on it, and although they can get the flash to fire independently, can't get it to fire when taking a shot. Anyone have any ideas why this might be?

TIA

Are the contacts clean on both sides (flash and camera), and are you using a shutter speed less than 1/60 (marked with a red X)?

EDIT: actually I'm not sure the latter applies

Last edited:
Are the contacts clean on both sides (flash and camera), and are you using a shutter speed less than 1/60 (marked with a red X)?

EDIT: actually I'm not sure the latter applies

I've asked her to check the contacts are clean and as per the manual, she's set the shutter speed to 60. It still hasn't worked.

The flash shoe wiring may have deteriorated. Does it work when attached to the X terminal? (that's the port on the front right of the camera, next to the bayonet, looking from the front)

The flash shoe wiring may have deteriorated. Does it work when attached to the X terminal? (that's the port on the front right of the camera, next to the bayonet, looking from the front)

I'll get her to check. Haven't seen it myself and just messaging back and forth so it's a bit difficult.

Thanks for your help.

Back