flash problems

Name
Barry
Edit My Images
No
I have 2 yongnuo 560ex 111 that i want to use as strobes on stands, these both fire using my rf602 kit when the master trigger is off the hotshoe, problem is when i put the master on my canon 1200D the flash doesn't fire, the external flash setting on the 1200D is not available so I am at a loss, is it the camera or is it the trigger system, any help appreciated

Is your RF602 for Canon?

We need to be clear what we’re discussing here.
Are you saying:
You can fire the flashes using the rf602 kit when the trigger is in your hand, but if you put the trigger on the camera they don’t fire?

It's not something silly like you are set to one of the "silent" shutter modes?

Hmm. I had a similar problem with a completely different setup (Godox TT685N on Nikon body).

After working normally for a few days, the flash started firing 4 pre-flashes (red-eye reduction) when on the hot-shoe but not when set off by the Godox Xpro trigger. The Nikon red-eye reduction flash settings were unavailable with this brand of flash so there was no way I could stop it.

I solved the problem by doing a complete reset of my Nikon settings (a real pain). The trick is to note down somewhere the settings you change from factory standards so as to be able to re-apply them afterwards.

Back