Flash to Stand adapter.

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
Hi Guy's,

I have been searching Calumet and W/Express sites for a part and can't find it, but don't exactly know what it is called, Basically, i want to use the sb800 of camera and looking to attach it to a stand.

Does anyone know what the part i'm searching for is called.

Cheers

Rob.

Cheers Bob,

Looks like that could be part of what i think i need, but isn't there something which that connects to and then to the stand?

*** Have found it on the site, thanks for the link Bob. ***

Rob.

Cheers Guy's.

Will be buying from Calumet. Will i be able to use my Pulsars to fire the flash ?

Rob.

I've got one too, it's in a drawer somewhere and that's where it'll be staying :LOL:

What is wrong with them? Where can you get the metal ones from? I have ordered a plastic one. I have an old mic stand that has the 5/8 thread so i want to try it on there. What do you guys think?

Actually it's not the plastic bit that I have a problem with, but rather the mount for the flashgun. I've tried using it a couple of times, but I'm just not happy with the way it holds (or rather, doesn't) the flash in place.

I bought my metal ones from Calumet, I have Manfrotto and Calumet own brand ones, there's not much to choose between them, except the Calumet ones are cheaper

I got two of these from ebay and mine spent ages in a drawer too (hey they were cheap!) they just don't inspire confidence that the flashgun is gonna stay in there - I bought a dremel a while ago and hacked the stand a bit so the flash actually fastens in the middle where you tighten it up now rather than teetering on the end just begging to fall onto the (inevitable) concrete before smashing into a million bits!

Its looks rubbish now (DIY isn't my thing-I suppose if I painted em black they would look a lot better) but it does the job.

Ok i may not bother getting them, cancel my order!!

Waht do i have to look for with the Cam ones? I cant seem to find them on the site.

Will

Back