Flash Tripod

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Just wondering what sort of tripod you would need to hold a flash and what sort of attachment or head for it to fit on the bracket?
Also what you would need to attach an umbrella or softbox to the flash?

Many Thanks

Matt

Are you talking about your 430EX?

You'll need a flash mount with a tripod screw mount underneath. Then you'll need suitable cables from your camera to the flash or some sort of radio or IR trigger system.

Dunno how softboxes and brollies fit onto a 430EX.

Well yer ideally for the 430EX but i am thinking about some other cheap flashes to have aswell just as spares or for lighting BG or hair lights.

Where would i be able to pick up a flash mount with a tripod screw? I have just bought Cactus Trigger and recievers for the 430EX and my interfit lights.

Have a look at these

You'll need an swivel bracket to hold the umbrella on. On top of that you can mount a coldshoe for the flash to go on. You can by cheapie umbrella swivels from ebay which come with a coldshoe for about seven quid, but the are crap. Twenty quid buys you a manfrotto one and another tenner for a coldshoe.

You can get a couple of different softboxes that are designed for strobes such as your 430EX. One is £30, the other is about £90. guess which one I have :LOL:

Any links to swivel brackets or a place to buy one? Thanks alot very helpful!!

This is the one I have, they also do an own-brand version which comes complete with spigots and is four quid cheaper. Probably just as good, but I'm a sucker for branded products :LOL:

lol Thank you very much. Just need to source a cold shoe for the flash. Not quite sure what im looking for apart from it must look like a hot shoe i guess.

Oh right so it optically triggers the flash. Well i have just got Cactus triggers so no need for a slave unit.
Just need i guess a cold shoe and a bracket to hold the flash and an umbrella.

Thanks so much - flash in the pan!

Will have to get some money together and build up an order i think.

Any decent places for umbrellas and/or softboxes?

I got my umbrellas off of Ebay, if you pm me I'll look out some links. I think my softbox, which fits a speedlight, came from photomart.co.uk

Back