Flash Unit for Canon 1000D

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I'm wanting to get some recommendations for an updated Flash Unit.

I'm currently using a Canon 1000D and a Yongnuo YN-460 Speedlite Flash. I was told by a professional that the Speedlite I have doesn't communicate with my camera and I'm told there are better flash units out there that will talk with my camera when connected.

Does anyone have any recommendations for flash units. Not wanting to spend a lot of money. I'm practicing with indoor flash at the moment, mainly photographing bands in low light.

Hi,

I'm currently using a Canon 1000D and a Yongnuo YN-460 Speedlite Flash. I was told by a professional that the Speedlite I have doesn't communicate with my camera and I'm told there are better flash units out there that will talk with my camera when connected.

Does anyone have any recommendations for flash units. Not wanting to spend a lot of money. I'm practicing with indoor flash at the moment, mainly photographing bands in low light.

I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your question (other than you need a flash which supports ETTL) but I do have a question about the YN-460.
Does it automatically shut off or go into standby mode if it hasn't been triggered for a couple of minutes or will it just remain on until the batteries drain?

Hi, have a look at the Sigma range, I have used one for years and never had a problem.
Make sure you look at the correct one for the Canon digital.
Russ

I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your question (other than you need a flash which supports ETTL) but I do have a question about the YN-460.
Does it automatically shut off or go into standby mode if it hasn't been triggered for a couple of minutes or will it just remain on until the batteries drain?

Unfortunately, it will remain on

Hi,

Canon 430EX II Speedlite

Back