Flash won't fire in manual mode off camera.

Edit My Images
Yes
I have a Canon 60d, Canon 430 EXII and 2x Yongnuo YN-622C transcievers.

So I'm using the flash off camera, and all works fine in ETTL mode, but in manual the flash won't fire. Even pressing the 'test' button on the transceiver the flash won't fire.

This all being new, I guess I'm doing something stupid that's preventing it from working.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

I guess you have tried the obvious, that both YN-622C's are on the same channel and group settings as it is so easy to hit the buttons to change one or the other?

That the flash is not set as a slave and that you are using the camera menus (external flash) to change your settings from ETTL to manual etc ?

Yer channel and group are the same, if I press the test button, the flash will fire in ETTL mode, change it straight over to manual and it won't fire.

I believe the 430 EXII is a slave flash, so can't change it to master, if that's what you mean?
And yes, have tried changing the setting from both camera and the flash.
If I change the flash settings through the camera, the flash will change with what I do.

Yer channel and group are the same, if I press the test button, the flash will fire in ETTL mode, change it straight over to manual and it won't fire.

I believe the 430 EXII is a slave flash, so can't change it to master, if that's what you mean?
And yes, have tried changing the setting from both camera and the flash.
If I change the flash settings through the camera, the flash will change with what I do.

I meant that you do not need to put the flash into "slave mode".

That sounds correct in that you make adjustments through the camera menus which are then reflected through the transceivers - i.e. apart from powering on the flashgun I do not touch it all and make all adjustments through the camera menus.

Figured it out, swap the transceivers over and works fine now...
Thought it didn't make any difference, but apparently it does with the ones I have.
Changed them over a few times just to make sure.

Glad it's working for you, but very strange that one of your YN622's is effectively acting as a master?

Back