Flashgun Batteries

Edit My Images
Yes
Ok so I went out tonight with my new 430ex. I don't have any rechargables so I had to buy some regular AAs (well actually they were cheap AAs as the shop near me didn't have any descent ones).

They SUCK! I took like 130 photos and they just started running out, the flash too FOREVER to power up, I literally had to stand there for a minute or so for the pilot light to come on...

I'v ordered some rechargable NiMH AAs, i'v heard they are the best for use in flashguns, is that right?

I was thinking of getting a battery pack but they are pretty expensive for what they are...

I assume that more powerful batterys are not a problem - I was looking at some 2700mha a while back...

7 day shop are pretty cheap for them.

8utters you're right NiMH batteries are the best for flash use, long lasting and quick recycle times. I've Got 3 sets of 2700mah batts now from 7dayshop they last forever in the flash.

I tend to use AA's that I buy in bulk from here

30 Duracell Batteries for £8.

Not strictly correct there m8, £7.98 plus postage plus vat coming to £15.25

i use energizer 2500 mah and they last forever

from flea bay 4 2500mah batteries and 1 hr mains/car charger for £17 incl p&p.

I use 2500 mAh energizer batteries in my flashgun.
They are really good and last for a long time !

Paul

Ok well i'v ordered 8 2500s, is there a big difference between 2500s and 2700s?

lol

Ok cool, I was gonna take 2 sets with me when I go out anyway, I hate running out of battery, soo annoying.

They arrived today, looking good.

The packaging says they take 12 hours to charge...that's a pretty long time, is that the same for everyone out there using 2500/2700s?

I use Uniross 2500 mAh rechargableson an SB-800. 200 photos were estimated. I'm sure it was nearer 450 for me in the end, per charge from a set of four.

How are rechargables in comparison, can anybody recommend a good place to get them?

2500mah & 2700Mah nimh batteries will recycle faster than an alkaline battery due to a lower internal resistance. dont know if its that noticeable though and it depends on your shooting style.

I found the difference huge. As soon as I put the rechargeabls in, I definately noticed the speed...and how much longer they last (iv been using my batteries on 1 charge for 2 nights now and they still havent run out, compared to Alkaline that ran out in an hour and a half).

Back