Flashgun Not Working With Cannon 1000D?.

Name
Luke
Edit My Images
Yes
Mr postman delivered my Sunpak PX30X this morning, Thanks to Leaky5!!!

I followed the instructions are a newbie and i cant get the flash to work with my camara. The flash works when you press the test/charge button, But other than that no.

I have the flash enabled in the Menu.

External flash mode is TTL.

The camara is a Canon 1000D/Rebel XS.

Thanks
Luke

That flash does work with the DSLRs yes. The flash is on the hotshoe.

Can somebody tell me from the start how i would get the flash to work with the camara. First time i have used one and not sure if i have done it correct. I done as the instructions say.

Luke

Looks like i need to update the firmware. But cant seem to find anywhere online how i can do it.

Looking at the manual online, My AUTO CHECK light doesnt come on as it says it should.

Luke

It doesn't have a slave function, does it? If so make sure it's switched OFF, otherwise the flash won't receive a trigger signal from the camera.

The 30X doesn't have a master/slave selection AFAIK

There should be a 3 letter code and a 6 figure number on the flash...denotes which DSLR marques it will operate with....are you 100% certain it has the Canon personality module installed?

Bob

Bob

I picked this up for Luke last week, along with another one they had. On the bottom they say 'Canon E-TTL II'.

A work colleague has a 40D, but I don't think I am going to see him until after Xmas now, otherwise we could test the other one on that.

Richard

Sounds good Richard.....there have been occasions where the box said one thing and the flash said something very different.

Bob

I looked at the flash it says 'Canon E-TTL II'

When i look in my Menu it says "TTL", How would i update the firmware on the flash, As some peeople have got them working right from the off.

Luke

I looked at the flash it says 'Canon E-TTL II'

When i look in my Menu it says "TTL", How would i update the firmware on the flash, As some peeople have got them working right from the off.

Luke

Luke

On the Sony a200, you had to change from TTL to ADI (for Sony flashes). Do you have an option to do this on the 1000D ?

If not, if you read the above thread link, it seems that Intro2020 would have to update the software.

Richard

Back