Flashgun problem with nikon d2hs

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
Went into jessops today and tried the older 340 and the new 360 AFD flahguns on the D2HS and neither would fire, they would register as charged and attatched but would not fire.

Went to a local camera shop and the same happened with one of the lower end nissin flashguns but it also locked up the camera. However the high end nissin models worked fine as did all the nikon ones

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Oh a further piece of info is that the jessops flash guns will work with modelling flash but will not fire for the actual picture.

never had a problem with Nikon flash guns - do these guns fire ok on the test button?
what camera settings are you using?

The nikon flash guns work perfectly, fire perfectly on the test its the offbrand ones ive tried only the high end ones work.

The sb 600+ all function i was just looking to be a cheapskate :D as i dont use flash often.

Same setting as i use on my d200 that fires the flash everytime.

I'm not to sure on this one, but firmware on your d2hs, is it on the latest? I've only used Nikon flashguns on both my d2x and d3 so can't really comment but read about flashguns and firmware issues...

Ed :)

Haha yes it was on the right way XD
Firmware is the latest version, looks like im going to have to stop being a cheapskate

I have a Jessops 360AFD flashgun that I bought for off camera flash use when they were £39 - I have tested the on camera with my D3 and D300 and they fire fine. However I would not recommend them for on camera use as the TTL metering of the flash is very poor, whereas the SB800 and SB900 spot on everytime.

Tom :)

Cheers tom, yeah my d2hs just doesnt like them the d200 works fine but the other one just likes to annoy me :D

Back