Flashguns

Edit My Images
No
I'm looking to purchase a flashgun to go with my Olympus e420 and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations?

Ideally I'm looking for something that will fit my olympus but has the ability to be adapted to fit either a canon or nikon dslr if I ever decide to change systems.

I've looked at some Metz flashguns but am unsure if the Olympus model (of the 58 af1 for example) can subsequenty be used (adapted to fit) another manufacturers camera.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

All modern flashguns are made for a certain hotshoe, not like the old days when there was just one contact on the hotshoe.

That's what I thought. I had heard that certain Metz flashguns used an SCA adapter which would mean I could buy one flashgun but change the SCA adapter down the line if needed.

You could - but you could also go for the age old, tried and tested type of gun that will still be illuminating pictures in 100 years time, because all it does is punch in light.

The Metz 45. It does everything a flash needs to do - within the limitations of your synch speed, it can't do the fancy high shutter speed trick with focal plane shutters. With diaphragm shutters, then it synchs at all speeds.

Have a look at the Metz MZ54 if you're budget will stretch that far. It will do everything every other flash will do and you can change the SCA foot if you want to usse it on a different system. I'm really glad I bought one bit they're not cheap. Kerso can get them so it's worth seeing what sort of price he can do you one for.

Back