Flat Iron Building in New York

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Always wanted to see this and it didn't dissapoint apart from the weather which was very wet and grey. To be fair we have had good weather so far so couldn't complain.

Edited with Lightroom cc on my iPad which I am not too confident with so hope to improve it when I get back. Took lots from different angles etc but like everywhere here it's packed with lots if locals and tourists.

Flat Iron Building in New York by Tony Keogh, on Flickr

I wonder what the rooms look like inside that building - very angular I would expect!!

Nice shot!! Was it your intention to make it quite warm?

Yes, it's a very grey building and was lost in the background so made it stand out a little. Probably a little OTT and will play about more with it when I get home. Might even engineer another "walk past" later in the holiday on a better day lol

Unusual take, I like that (y)

It is a good shot of a very famous and striking building, but the pp does kill it a bit for me.
The colours are overdone IMO, and the building itself is sporting a significant halo.

Back home now so going to have another attempt when I have chance on my laptop.

Crop from the first with colour signature of the second would nail it for me I think.

Was there the other week as well and love the building but found it hard to get the best angle to shoot it. Tried a few of the below:-

NewYork-473 by Adam Lee, on Flickr
NewYork-483 by Adam Lee, on Flickr

The general idea is to walk back as far as you can and gain some elevation, then zoom in as required. This makes keeping verticals straight a lot easier and helps to deal with the pedestrians a little :) Some better light would have helped, but on a day like this you just wanna give it a go on a blue hour.

Back