Critique Fleetwood Wreck

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
No
Not photographed these wrecks for a couple of years, Of the wooden boats there is getting less to photograph.
Took this on the way back from Freeport after Christmas shopping, The sun had gone behind the clouds and never came out again
Tried for some cloud movement 360sec, f13 at 16 on a 16-35mm + 10 stop ND & 3 stop grad

Fleetwood Wreck
by Rob McBride, on Flickr

Link for the Mono version: http://www.flickr.com/photos/robmcbride/11158687753/

Last edited:
That's a very dramatic shot and everything about it appeals to me. The central position of the wreck against the cloud is spot on. Superb work and one for the wall!

As said - a powerful image.
The only thing that I spotted is a slight green cast.
It is clearly visible in the hole through the boat and is present but less obvious else where.
The weird thing is that I can't really decide if the colour cast works for or against this image; I'm not feeling convinced that sorting it out will strengthen the image - but I'd like to see what effect it has.

Great shot! How do you get the sky to be blurry like that? I have seen many images like it on here but never know how they do it...
Likely a 10 stop ND, or there about's. It's a cracking image Rob, very well done.

Robbi, that's fantastic. Very atmospheric, the movement in the clouds behind the wreck provide the perfect backdrop to the detail in the wreck.

Don't wish to be a party pooper, but there appears to be something funny going on on the horizon. Looks like the processing of the foreground and the sky hasn't married up too well. Still a good shot, but just needs a little tweak.

Outstanding shot!

That's a very dramatic shot and everything about it appeals to me. The central position of the wreck against the cloud is spot on. Superb work and one for the wall!
Thanks for the comment

Fab capture.
Thanks for the comment

As said - a powerful image.
The only thing that I spotted is a slight green cast.
It is clearly visible in the hole through the boat and is present but less obvious else where.
The weird thing is that I can't really decide if the colour cast works for or against this image; I'm not feeling convinced that sorting it out will strengthen the image - but I'd like to see what effect it has.
I noticed the cast after I uploaded the image to Flickr, when I get a chance I will rectify this was only a 5 minute quick and dirty photoshop exercise

Nice image. Liking the long exposure effect on the clouds
Peter Thanks for the comment

Great shot! How do you get the sky to be blurry like that? I have seen many images like it on here but never know how they do it...
Thanks and correct it was a 10 stop ND

I'd wait for word from the Horses mouth, I may be incorrect ;-)
Thanks for the comment

Robbi, that's fantastic. Very atmospheric, the movement in the clouds behind the wreck provide the perfect backdrop to the detail in the wreck.
Thanks Iain this is one of the locations we will visit if we ever have a Blackpool meet ( If I make it back from Iceland alive)

Don't wish to be a party pooper, but there appears to be something funny going on on the horizon. Looks like the processing of the foreground and the sky hasn't married up too well. Still a good shot, but just needs a little tweak.
Thanks for the comment

Outstanding shot!
Thanks for the comment

That's a very striking shot, excellent work.
Thanks for the comment

Last edited:
The only criticism I have is that I wish I had shot it!

Cracking stuff.

Back