Flicker uploads

D

darkroom12

I am not sure if this is the correct section to ask the following question but it does seem to be the most appropriate.

Having cleared out my Flicker folder, I am about to upload a series of photographs, which to be meaningful have to be uploaded in strict order. Should I later wish to upload another image which would improve the presentation, but it would be out of order, is there anyway of inserting an additional image so the original sequence is kept intact. Or will I have to be exceptionally careful in what order I upload them?

Upload to a new album, you have to upload first and it doesn't seem to matter in which order.
The album can be sorted to date and time order.
There's an 'edit in organiser' option once you have made the album, but you can also do it when you first make the album.
Once you get to the 'edit' page there is a tab with 'arrange' above the images.

OK thanks. Some of these images, I don't have the date and in any case they were not taken in any particular order. They were taken at various times over a 2 year time span. Would it also work if I simply numbered the pictures in the sequence I wanted starting at something like 001 or similar. There are about 170 in total

OK thanks. Some of these images, I don't have the date and in any case they were not taken in any particular order. They were taken at various times over a 2 year time span. Would it also work if I simply numbered the pictures in the sequence I wanted starting at something like 001 or similar. There are about 170 in total
Yep, for my method. It can arrange in alphabetic order, so A001 etc

Phew! Thank goodness. The 170 or so images will take some sorting out first, then resizing followed by changing the title into a numerical sequence. I may be able to surface in late spring:).

Last edited by a moderator:
Phew! Thank goodness. The 170 or so images will take some sorting out first, then resizing followed by changing the title into a into the numerical sequence. I may be able to surface in late spring:).
Lockdown should be over by then...

Back