Flickr Account Help

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
As mentioned in the new users thread, I've recently decided to get back on the photography wagon

As such I went to resurrect my Flickr account and it seems it won't let me login with anything other than my yahoo account now. a change that completely passed me by.

I do have a yahoo ID and associated Flickr account from years ago but its not the one I actually use, the one I used in the past was a Google account I believe and as such all my photos are in there along with follows etc.

What I'd like to do is transfer that old account to the already existing yahoo one.

Looked through all the recovery FAQ's etc on the Flickr site.....useless isn't the word and I can't seem to see where to talk to a person

On a side note I can still access the old account on my phone as it was set auto login and therefore I know the old account still exists!

Any help/guidance much appreciated

cheers

Ben

problem is I can't login on a PC, only on the android phone app as that's remained logged in indefinitely it seems; and I can't seem to find the detailed settings from the app

Dont know if it will help, but if I go into the settings on my Android phone, then look at 'Accounts & Sync', it shows a Yahoo account. If I tap on that, it tells me the username associated with it. Maybe you could log in on a PC using that username and do a 'forgotten password' kinda thing??

no use, I know the passwords for my yahoo accounts, its the old google account still associated with the flickr that's the issue, the PC simply won't let me enter anything other than a yahoo account to login. very very frustrating

I don't recall Flickr ever being linked to Google to be honest. Started in 2004 and picked up by yahoo in 2005. Very odd.

I don't recall Flickr ever being linked to Google to be honest. Started in 2004 and picked up by yahoo in 2005. Very odd.

You used to be able to log in via either google account, facebook etc they then changed it so you had to have a yahoo account to log in and I created a yahoo account and was able to link my flickr account to the new yahoo account but I think that was by a link in an email.

You might be able to pick up more settings options on your android phone if you request the desktop computer version of the web site. You might have to do that outside the app via a web browser. I find may web sites offer restricted facilities to tablets which they regard as "mobile", and getting the desktop version improves access and control. In some cases to enable access to all the desktop options you need to add a Bluetooth keyboard to your tablet, makes it behave more like a desktop.

unfortunately I have tried that also but as its not within the auto logged in app, its again asking for a password from the phone web browser be it on 'normal' or desktop version of the site

seems I am stuck between a digital rock and hard place :(

I may try trawling back through my email folder for the google account and see if there is anything in there

cheers folks

Ben

Back