Flickr - Fixed Size Upload

• Thread starter gingerweasel
  • Start date
G

gingerweasel

Hi all,
I've noticed on a number of occassions that some people have been able to upload a picture to flickr and stop flickr from resizing it and offering it in various resolutions. Do you know how this is done?

you need look at the options bar to the right of the upload images window, you can choose the file size and image size :)

edit, sorry im thinking of photobucket :bang:

When I upload images 'to' flickr it just uploads the full sized picture.

Once it's uploaded you click on the image and you then get an option (all sizes) of which size you want - square, thumnail, small, medium, large, original.

Pick the url of whichever size you want to use.

PS

Your 'all sizes' option doesn't seem to give the options.

How about 800 pixel wide? is that a pro option as well? the standard size differences are too far either side of 800 to make showing them here any good - but I've seen some people linking flickr photos at 800! :(

How about 800 pixel wide? is that a pro option as well? the standard size differences are too far either side of 800 to make showing them here any good - but I've seen some people linking flickr photos at 800! :(

Yes, but you can just upload and resize in Picnik

Thanks guys. The problem I was having is that I didn't want Flickr to offer sizes to people viewing my images. I had seen some people who didn't have the 'all sizes' option showing on their pics.

Turns out I had to disable the option for people to download my images.

Back