Flickr Gamma!

So what do you think - is the pro account worth it?

Oh yeah definitely, it's by far the most easiest photography site i've used. The unlimited image storing and bandwidth is great, you get something like a 2gb upload limit each month, so unless you're uploading tons of huge images you should be fine.

This new 'gamma' version i'm liking parts of, but some of the menus don't work properly in this Opera Beta.

Jack.

I'm tempted as it would be an easy way to share a lot of photos.

I have a free account but the interface didn't seem that slick - everything took too long and there was automatic resizing going on that I had no option over and made some file sizes bigger. Not a big problem as I only used it for ebay picture hosting.

Do you get to FTP your files with the pro version (or otherwise upload a lot at once) ? oh and image size options for display etc?

The automatic photo resizing dosn't happen with a pro account, they leave the images in original form.

You don't get FTP access, but there is a handy uploading tool for both Windows and Mac which works really well. And yeah they give about 5 different image size options after it's uploaded, so you would be able to use the "Small, medium, large, big" sizes on your ebay auction by just uploading the one big file.

Back