flickr help

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
I use flickr as some may know, but if i go Pro will that enable all my old pics as full size or have they been resized upon upload.

what else do you get when go pro?

When you go pro, you get unlimited (as far as i know) uploads per month
Access to stats (information on the amount of views your pictures are getting, complete with some fancy graphage!)

But i haven't really checked out the rest yet, just got it so i could go over 100mb per month. Very cheap anyway, worth going pro IMO.

price isn't an issue i was just wondering really if i had to upload all the previous to get the original large files.

I think you will, and make sure you do not use the downloadable uploader :wacky:
It uploads at small size.:shake:

Didn't know that :thinking:

Thought I'd try uploading a photo using both methods.
Look the same to me :shrug:

Paul

I think you will, and make sure you do not use the downloadable uploader :wacky:
It uploads at small size.:shake:

It only uploads at a small size if you tell it to in preferences. I set mine to not resize at all, and do my own resizing to 1600px in Photoshop. It will upload full size images if you want it to.

In short, if you have uploaded the full size files, you should be able to view them that size on Flickr by clicking the 'all sizes' icon just above the images

cool cheers. further to this

In short, if you have uploaded the full size files, you should be able to view them that size on Flickr by clicking the 'all sizes' icon just above the images

At present my flickr is just std account, so oe files are re-sized. if i upgrade will the original size be then available or has the std account resized them totally.

You should be able to get the full size files. It's worth upgrading to a pro account. The cost is, in the grand scheme of things, negligible, but i makes it much better.

You should be able to get the full size files. It's worth upgrading to a pro account. The cost is, in the grand scheme of things, negligible, but i makes it much better.

Or if you have a BT Broadband account you get a pro account free.

Paul

I've just checked my account - i've got some files on there that i'd uploaded there before getting the pro account and they're showing as being full size, same as the version on my hard disk. Certainly didn't re-upload them after turning pro - so it seems that they were stored as full size, just limited on display from the non-pro account.

I've just checked my account - i've got some files on there that i'd uploaded there before getting the pro account and they're showing as being full size, same as the version on my hard disk. Certainly didn't re-upload them after turning pro - so it seems that they were stored as full size, just limited on display from the non-pro account.

Same here, I think you'll be ok. Enjoy your pro account!

Yup, when your pro account expires, nothing is deleted....however you only have access to limited photos until you reupgrade to pro again.

Back