Flickr image quality poor

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
When I look at my pictures on Flickr on my iPad etc I am sure the quality looks much worse than when I view them direct via Lightroom

I am uploading them via the inbuilt programme in Lightroom and I just wondered if I am uploading at the wrong quality or settings etc

Could someone advise on a "best practice" method that I could adopt so at the very least I know they are the best they could be

Many thanks

Tony

PS I have just started viewing them via my Sony 55" TV via a flickr upload which seems to be exaggerating the relative poor quality

If I remember correctly the default export settings from lightroom do output a lower-quality JPEG. You can alter this in the publish settings.

I don't have Lightroom in front of me, but I think if you right click Flickr on the left hand column there will be an option to alter the settings and update it.

If I remember correctly the default export settings from lightroom do output a lower-quality JPEG. You can alter this in the publish settings.

I don't have Lightroom in front of me, but I think if you right click Flickr on the left hand column there will be an option to alter the settings and update it.

I will go have a look for this.

I found the lightroom plug in to be poor. I think it also uses another colour profile to srgb.

Try a normal export and upload.

Yes, that sounds like a good idea.

Back