Flickr invitations query.

Name
Toby
Edit My Images
No
Recently I've had a spate of folk inviting my Flickr images into their groups, what is the purpose of the invites and are there any concerns with accepting them?

I don't know of anything underhand in this, but generally I'd want to be happy with what's already in the group since that'll be the context in which your images will be seen.

Most groups seem to be under-moderated.

I've had a few invites too, generally they seem to be "Post one comment on 3"
I really CBA with that ...

Some groups are invite only. Worth checking T&C's of the group, since some suggest that submission gives them permission to use the image elsewhere.
That's useful to know, I'll definitely look into that. I've also had another weird thing where someone has tagged my photo, I didn't even know you could do this :eek:

Thanks for all the responses folks (y)

Last edited:
You should be able to turn this off in the privacy section of your user settings....
TBH this doesn't bother me, as long as I get notification and can check that the tag is suitable it's not an issue (y)

You sometimes get them for closed groups so after submitting you can't even see them in the group.
Agree about those tedious groups which create chain letter-like back slapping fake comments, they should be banned IMO

Back