Flickr Pro offer - 3 mths free, for ALL users

Nice Holiday touch from Flickr that. Many sites don't give anything.

Yay to getting Pro for 3 months.... and boo to not getting all the stats with it (which was the real reason I got the 3 months pro) Oh well, I might just bite the bullet and go pro full time after my 3 months are up.

My camera may work in the rain, but I don't work too well after being soaked in it. Let it dry up!

Last edited:
Renewed mine 2 days ago, and when I clicked on it today, still added 3 months to my subscription! All good.

Already been on Flickr today and just clicked straight past it.

Clicked on it now.

Cheers

I'm Pro anyway - my account was about due for renewal but with 3 months I can forget about it till April.

very strange, just clicked the link in my flickr mail and it says its added 3 month to my pro account and my renew date is now july 2013, the thing is, my renew date is always july.

I thought I was good for another good while yet, but it seems last time I renewed I only took the 3 month option [due to run out end of this month]. Oh well, with the 3 mths free I'm good up to March now.

As someone said, it's too cheap not to have a pro account. I think of it like a back up. You can store 1000s of your images, full res, and can download them full res if ever needed.

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing this out. I don't go to Flickr that much these days so would probably have missed it.

Cheers for the heads-up , just been & clicked it in my flickr (y)

Have added the free "pro" option for 3 months, but the "standard" option is pretty good. I would not really make enough use of the "pro" features to keep it after that.

What do the people that already get it for free get? :)

You get 3 months pro, enabling you to upload more than the free 200 images. Plus the ability to download your full res images. Don't think free users can d this, correct me if I'm wrong?

Anyway, you'll benefit for the 3 months, but unless you upgrade within that time, anything you up over 200 images will not be available to you after that time.

What do the people that already get it for free get? :)

pressumably you mean you are a BT customer that already gets pro free? If so, you get the warm fuzzy feeling of knowing you never have to pay while you remain with BT. if you mean you are just a normal free user, Cageys post above explains it ;)

pressumably you mean you are a BT customer that already gets pro free? If so, you get the warm fuzzy feeling of knowing you never have to pay while you remain with BT. if you mean you are just a normal free user, Cageys post above explains it ;)

Yes I'm BT. I clicked the link anyway, I'll wait and see if they send me that warm funny feeling you talk of :)

You get 3 months pro, enabling you to upload more than the free 200 images. Plus the ability to download your full res images. Don't think free users can d this, correct me if I'm wrong?

Anyway, you'll benefit for the 3 months, but unless you upgrade within that time, anything you up over 200 images will not be available to you after that time.

I'm pretty sure you still get unlimited uploads on the "non pro" service, but only the 200 most recent appear in your "photo stream". When I had more than 200 I could still find my "hidden" photos by tagging them with "boliston" and they still show up in searches by tag or description.

Not being able to download "full res" is of no particular interest to me as I keep 3 local backups of all my scanned images and can re-scan from the negatives if the worst came to the worst.

Being a BT broadband user for many years I have the Pro account, but I don't think I have put any pictures on it yet, I have some in a folder to go on there.
That will be a project for the new year, put the pictures online.

John:)

Made an effort tonight, uploaded 4 pics to my photostream, well it is a start, must do better in the new year.

John:)

if you have a pro account NO need to do anything it already added to your account

Just tried and i got told that i am not eligible :bang::bang:

What a moron i already have it...lol, I have a bt internet account, just thought it was with broadband.

Last edited:
So who took this out and carried on to take out a paid subscription?
I'm sure that's what they hoped would happen!
I have decided not to as there is little advantage for my occasional use.

So who took this out and carried on to take out a paid subscription?
I'm sure that's what they hoped would happen!
I have decided not to as there is little advantage for my occasional use.

im the same .. my free 3 months ran out last week...not convinced that i'd benifit from paying for it

excellent find!........

...[happyface]although I get it free anyway[/happyface] :p

EDIT: Just thought, seeing as they don't really tell anyone about it....if you get your broadband with BT you get a free Flickr Pro account.

Just registered with my BTInternet email address and hey presto free pro account....... Thanks for sharing!!

Nada, nothing... I'm not a pro member but there's nothing in my messages or anywhere I can see on my flikr...

Just signed up using my BTInternet address and see the option to add a pro account but doesn't look like I got one for free. Nothing about it in my confirmation e-mail either. I can see an 'offer 'start paying for pro membership though.

Just had alook at my account and it now expires in January 2015 when it was October I think. Cant grumble at that :)

Back