Flickr resizing my photos when I upload them

Name
Kerry
Edit My Images
Yes
Afternoon everybody. Discovered a weird thing with my Flickr account today: quite a few of my photos have been drastically resized when I uploaded them, and I'm not sure why.

I either upload direct from my iPad using the Flickr app, or from the Photos app on my Mac using the Flickr website on Firefox. Some of my photos are still full size, but quite a few of them when you click the "Download" button offer 1024x768 (or somewhere around that: one I looked at earlier was 1182x665).

It doesn't seem to follow any rules: I did some testing this morning, and it doesn't seem to matter whether I use iPad or Mac. I wondered if it was where photos had been edited, but it's not that either.

I've posted a thread about it on the Flickr help forum, but I don't know how much that gets looked it. There's nothing I can see on Flickr about free accounts being limited - and even if that were the case, some of my shots are still showing at full size when you click the download button.

What's going on? And if this is just a quirk of Flickr, then my next question is what's the best alternative to use for uploading my photos?

Back