Flickr shopping cart

Edit My Images
No
Hadn't noticed it before but there's a shopping cart option in the bottom right of each individual image. I wasn't aware previously that I could buy prints of images.

The thing is, who profits from this? I've never consented to this knowingly, unless I've just ticked a box that appeared without reading like most people do.

Anyone know more about this?

I think they have a service where you can order prints of your own images :)

I guess flickr get a 'cut' of the sale if you order a print of your own work.

Last edited:
I have used it a couple of times for my own photos, probably foolishly, as I am sure I could have got them done cheaper and supported a local business. The results were good though, carried out by a firm in the Lake District as I recall.

Seems to only be there on my images, not anyone in my groups or feed - so I assume they're offering me the change to print my images, not offering my images for other people to buy without my permission?
Seems OK to me but TBH if I were ordering a print I'd want to use a proper file not the <1080px I upload to Flickr!

Thanks for the replies, seems as though it's not open to all. It would be nice to have a feature where I could sell my prints but that has never been a feature of flickr.

I saw something on Flickr last week that said the were offering you the ability to purchase prints from selected photographers. It looks like this may be a trial for a larger roll out.

Who knows how they select the photographers or if it will eventually be rolled out to everyone. I guess they've figured they need to add something to jack up the prices for pro next year.

All a bit pointless IMO as the platform is dead.

Last edited:
Back