Flickr - Zooming in on photos

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys. Not sure where to ask this so thought I'd try here.

When I view other people's photos on their Flickr page, I can always zoom the magnifier icon '+' twice to zoom in so that their photo fills the screen.

But on my photos on my page I can only zoom once and then there's no more '+' sign on the magnifying glass icon. I always edit a photo in lightroom, then export as jpeg and then upload to Flickr.

I've got a particular photo I edited and exported last night. It's about 3mb and something like 5616 x 3044 in size.

Opening it on my desktop with Windows default photo viewer, I can use the zoom slider at the top and zoom in quite a lot, about three times as much as on Flickr and retain sharpness and detail. I would like this photo to be able to at least double zoom on Flickr for people to view it larger without needing to download it. I've tried increasing the number in the pixel resolution box in lightroom but that didn't change anything. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Check you Flickr settings, you may have limited the size set for viewing.

Thank you gramps. Just checked settings and it looks like I'm limited by my free account.

Flickr settings page tells me: ' “Best display size” is currently a maximum of 2048 pixels for free accounts, and 6144 pixels for Pro accounts'

I'm guessing others with double zoom clicks are paying a subscription. Not really worth it to me though to pay just to display a larger size. If it was a one off payment I might have.

Back