Flickr

Name
James (Retired)
Edit My Images
No
I use photobucket for storing images but i thought i would try flickr,i find it is very slow uploading compared to photobucket.:(

Are you uploading through the browser or using the uploader software? I don't find it slow at all, but that could be my internet connection. Sometimes I get the odd failed upload but for the most part using the uploader software it's generally quite reliable.

I was using their uploader,but i find photobucket quicker & i can Q up all my files at once:(

If you're using BT as your ISP, you also get a free pro account ;)

Well people say the images are worse on photobucket than on flickr but i dont see it.

I dont use BT

On photobucket i can load a photo onto the forums but not sure how to do it in flickr.

For flickr. Right click your picture, select properties, and copy the address ends in .jpg post it in the forum
job done.

cheers m8,trying to decide which one i like best,so far photobucket is winning.:)

This photo is currently unavailable is the message that comes up:(

I have used both PB & Flickr and, for the purposes of on-line photo storage, I prefer PB.

After a couple of instances of my all rights reserved images being, er, lets say 'creatively borrowed' on flickr and a couple of commercial travel & tourist companies wanting to somehow 'be my friend' on flickr (presumably based on my tags) I decided to retreat from Flickr. I also don't like the ubiquitous use of the Flickr API utility which just seems to lend itself to you, the photographer, not being in full control of what you post up there.

Now I suppose many Flickr users in TP-land will come back on this post and provide lots of info on how you can control this but I just felt very uncomfortable with Flickr so chose to take my images off.

On the other hand, to it's credit, it is a fantastic source of images & groups on all subjects you could ever imagine and for sharing with others it is very slick indeedy

Just my $0.02 :) BTW, best regards to Edinburgh .... a Dunfermline expat myself :)

Dave B.

Thanks for that Dave.B.i think i will stick with photobucket.:)(y)

is it photobucket that sticks those really irritating ads at the bottom of hotlinked images?

as said flickr doesnt compress images so you can have access to the original unsized image so upload speeds will vary down to your ISP.

the organisation in flickr is far superior over everything ive used so far imo.

I have used both PB & Flickr and, for the purposes of on-line photo storage, I prefer PB.

After a couple of instances of my all rights reserved images being, er, lets say 'creatively borrowed' on flickr and a couple of commercial travel & tourist companies wanting to somehow 'be my friend' on flickr (presumably based on my tags) I decided to retreat from Flickr. I also don't like the ubiquitous use of the Flickr API utility which just seems to lend itself to you, the photographer, not being in full control of what you post up there.

Now I suppose many Flickr users in TP-land will come back on this post and provide lots of info on how you can control this but I just felt very uncomfortable with Flickr so chose to take my images off.

On the other hand, to it's credit, it is a fantastic source of images & groups on all subjects you could ever imagine and for sharing with others it is very slick indeedy

Just my $0.02 :) BTW, best regards to Edinburgh .... a Dunfermline expat myself :)

Dave B.

Can your images not be borrowed from PB?

Does PB have a community feel or groups? just curious.

I love Flickr though, things like camera finder and maps keep me entertained.

at the end of the day putting your pics anywhere on the internet can and will get them "borrowed". thats why i always heavily watermark anything im particularly proud of. but even that wont necessarily stop it.

@JustJoe & neil_g .... yes indeedy. All that is true. Just a mater of what you feel comfortable with :) As I said, Flickr does have some strong positives.

For me though ....... I just prefer to store images elsewhere, horses for courses :)

Dave B.

For flickr. Right click your picture, select properties, and copy the address ends in .jpg post it in the forum
job done.

Or, if you are using Firefox, install an add-on called AllSizes+.

It enables you to see all sorts of things straight on your photo page. Makes it a lot easier when posting to other websites.(y)

Back