Flies with extension tubes

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
picture and frame comes to mind
I don't follow what you mean, it may be my tiredness though.
Wonderful shots. Epic exposure and superbly detailed.
Thank you.

I found the tolerance of handholding, manual focussing and trying not to upset things quite challenging - these are the ones that worked out best of around 80 shots I fired off, not too many out of focus, but my God is it narrow depth of field down there!

I don't follow what you mean, it may be my tiredness though.

Thank you.

I found the tolerance of handholding, manual focussing and trying not to upset things quite challenging - these are the ones that worked out best of around 80 shots I fired off, not too many out of focus, but my God is it narrow depth of field down there!

I'm guessing he mean't you should frame these and put them on the wall :)

Can I ask what lens and tubes you used? I've been thinking about buying a macro lens but if this is what you can get using tubes I might look into that option too.

Last edited:
lovely set, you're done really well for your first attempt with the tubes

Great set of pics . Might look into getting some tubes on the strength of these shots.

topazed said:
Great set of pics . Might look into getting some tubes on the strength of these shots.
I don't think you'd be disappointed, remember these are taken the very first time I've tried any extension tubes. Just as a note they were all with the 12mm and 31mm ones stacked together.

Them tubes work well I am thinking about the 100mm 2.8 but these tubes and the 105 f4 seem to do the job mmmmmmmmmmmmmm thinks.
Cracking shots by the way.
Regards Mick.

Back