Flip Screen Camera

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking to buy a camera with flip screen for my partner. She's not worried about hold old the model is and whether it's a used one or not. I have a Nikon D3200 with these lenses below, so it would be good if the camera was compatible with them. Any advice welcome.

Nikon Afs nikkor 35m 1.8 g
Sigma apo dg 70-300 4-5.6
Sigma 100-400mm 5-6.3 dg

The question I would ask is whether you're looking for a true flip screen camera, where the screen is hinged at the top, such as the Sony HX90...

Sony HX90 flip screen in use TZ70 P1030854.JPG

or a side flip design, such as the Nikon 5200 that Assish has mentioned.

Personally, I find the top or bottom flip designs much more useful than the side flip designs.

The question I would ask is whether you're looking for a true flip screen camera, where the screen is hinged at the top, such as the Sony HX90...

View attachment 418937

or a side flip design, such as the Nikon 5200 that Assish has mentioned.

Personally, I find the top or bottom flip designs much more useful than the side flip designs.
It's an articulating lcd screen I think they call it.

Is it OK with those lenses?

Yes. The compatibility issues are (usually) with APS lenses vignetting on FF bodies; FF lenses work just fine on crop bodies like the 5220.

It's an articulating lcd screen I think they call it.
They call them many things, apparently at the whim of the person writing the advertising copy. ;)

Nikon 5600 recently purchased used from WEX.
Good price, very good camera. ;)

Gary

Have a good look at the panasonic G9. It is a four thirds camera so a lot lighter/smaller for her and has an articulated screen which opens sidways and also will fold back with the screen in normal position . Also in the menu it can detect when the eye is viewing through the eyepiece

_DSC7723.jpg
_DSC7720.jpg

Last edited:
Back