Float Away........

MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
To celebrate my 100th photo of the day for my 366 for 2012 I did a little bit of light painting on this well know food stuff (y) but I had to be quick as the flipping things started floating of :shake:

100/366 (465) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

As with all my images C&C is welcomed and appreciated (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Very nice Matt and well executed.
Evenly lit with no hot spots!

Care to share the concept of the suspended maltesers?

Very nice Matt and well executed.
Evenly lit with no hot spots!

Care to share the concept of the suspended maltesers?

Thanks Stuart, it's actually a very easy concept so long as your capable of using a clone stamp (y) with this the three above the box were stabbed with skewers and the other end was in half a potato hidden behind the box, the floating one in the box was the same but without the potato then just normal light painting and into PP for levels and cloning (y)

I'm pleased that you like it (y)

Nice work Matt, if they were mine they would be gone and eaten not floating away :LOL::LOL:

Thanks Allan I'm pleased that you like it and trust me when I say many maltesers perished in the making of this image :LOL: :cautious:

Matt

Nice shot Matt
Focus and lighting are bang on.

Thanks Darren, I'm pleased that you like it (y) the lighting is the real skill (y) but I think that I've finally nailed this aspect of light painting and it comes naturally to me know (y)

Matt

a slightly dissenting note, I'm afraid Matt - I like the shot, but I'm not too sure about the highlights on the upper two sweeties. The light was to camera left and slightly above on these two, but nearer straight and level on the lower ones. So - if you were looking to give the illusion of a single diffuse light (as implied by the highlights on the other choccies, then it's just a tiny bit off... Still WAY better than anything I've ever managed with light painting though - that's why I ended up getting a couple of studio lights (and usually build all sorts of gobo's etc when I'm faffing around with my still-lift stuff!)

(actually - on a second look, what I'd REALLTY have liked to see is a highlight that was the same as the ones printed on the box... now there's a re-shoot challenge for you :LOL:)

Great shot matt! Well executed! ;)

Thank you :D

a slightly dissenting note, I'm afraid Matt - I like the shot, but I'm not too sure about the highlights on the upper two sweeties. The light was to camera left and slightly above on these two, but nearer straight and level on the lower ones. So - if you were looking to give the illusion of a single diffuse light (as implied by the highlights on the other choccies, then it's just a tiny bit off... Still WAY better than anything I've ever managed with light painting though - that's why I ended up getting a couple of studio lights (and usually build all sorts of gobo's etc when I'm faffing around with my still-lift stuff!)

(actually - on a second look, what I'd REALLTY have liked to see is a highlight that was the same as the ones printed on the box... now there's a re-shoot challenge for you :LOL:)

Thanks Mark, truth be told I'd not given that much thought to where I'd highlighted the sweets but now that you've pointed that out I can see there is a room for improvement there (y)

Light painting really is a lot of fun though (y) something I'd advise anyone to get to grips with (y)

I do like the idea of trying to match up on the graphics hight light...

Maybe I'll buy some studio lights once I've saved up more pennies, but I've already spent 4k this week on camera stuff I cannot spend more for a while now :eek:

Re-shoot for the next time I go shopping as these may have run off :cautious: or been eaten post shoot :coat:

Matt

Haha very clever i like it but for me it looks like the white balance is slightly off (to the yellow end)

Thank you, I suspect that you may well be right (y) I've had to recalibrate my display this week after a windows update :shake: but I don't think that it's a mile off (y)

Matt

Since I've been on the diet - I've had to stick to shooting still lifes with fruitbowls etc. Don't trust myself with boxes of choccies around the house. It's far easier to be disciplined for a hour in the supermarket and not buy "naughty" stuff, than it is to be disciplined at home if there's food available, but I'm not allowed it :LOL: For me Don't buy it = don't eat it, if it's there in the pantry, it's fair game!

Since I've been on the diet - I've had to stick to shooting still lifes with fruitbowls etc. Don't trust myself with boxes of choccies around the house. It's far easier to be disciplined for a hour in the supermarket and not buy "naughty" stuff, than it is to be disciplined at home if there's food available, but I'm not allowed it :LOL: For me Don't buy it = don't eat it, if it's there in the pantry, it's fair game!

I know that feeling, if it's there then I'll eat it but if not then it doesn't enter my mind (y) your going to hate me at the convention :eek:

Very TASTY shot Matt - cheers for the explanation (y)

Cheers Graham, I'm pleased that you like it (y)

Nicely executed, why wont my brain come up with stuff like this.......

Thanks Kev, give it time and once you've been on here long enough your brain will never be the same you'll start dreaming up completely random ideas (y) some will work others will not :LOL: thats all part of the fun :D

Matt

Hi Matt

Smart shot - works a treat. ( ... couldn't resist :shrug:)
To be hypercritical, may help with your next "Topic," I have to agree about wb being off slightly. The red doesn't look quite right on my totally uncalibrated monitor.

Now look what you've done. I've got a sweet tooth and now I've got this strong desire to run out to the nearest newsagent and get myself some Maltezers.
Lucky I do have a packet of Diary Milks in the fridge so that will do - for now.

As for the shot itself, I'd say that is excellent work! (y) At least where it had the effect of making me hungry!

Now look what you've done. I've got a sweet tooth and now I've got this strong desire to run out to the nearest newsagent and get myself some Maltezers.
Lucky I do have a packet of Diary Milks in the fridge so that will do - for now.

As for the shot itself, I'd say that is excellent work! (y) At least where it had the effect of making me hungry!

Thanks Ian, I'm pleased that you like it (y) and I think that it's good that it's made you hungry (y) :LOL: I shall have to go and pick up my commission check from them :naughty:

Matt

Back