Float

Interesting image. Blood like water... white dress... elements of sacrifice of /crucifixion... Blood, sex, religion. Something for everyone :)

Someone will be along in a minute to criticise your processing... and I'd probably agree with them... in principle... but they'd be missing the point. it's a bit weird, and that ****ed up colour/faded colour print thing has been done to death.. but that's exactly why I'd keep it as it is. In this instance, it works for the above reasons in my opinion.

Thank you for your messages.

I was really going for a "not so perfect" look.
We're all used to the perfect, sharp, color correct photos that the digital easily produces.
This was a photo i wanted to be about human emotions. About error, about reflection, about having space to choose the wrong side of things.
In essence, about floating and being free. Letting your body go.

I'm glad that the image worked, at least for two people. :)

Hmmmm.... Not keen on the processing!! Ok, I'm joking!! This is great and as previous people have said, don't change a thing about it!! A wonderfully different shot!

Possibly inspired by Millais 'Drowned Ophelia`? I like the shot, but find it a little stark (which could be your intention, of course). A little more detail around the edges to guide the eye towards the face, perhaps?

Last edited:
Back