Edit My Images
Yes
Hi
A table top experimentation with floating objects. A spectacles over a granite block all suspended in the air.
How do you like it? Please comments from the product photography point of view. Thank you.

25017035073_05d70faa31_b.jpg

Puzzling image i.e. I dont get the subject, but you're the photographer! :) I'd drop the reflection, it doesn't look "real" enough - one thing about the rock - I think if it were lit more on one side than the other, we would get a better shape showing - otherwise it looks "flat" - there is <some> light there, but I have to look at that right edge and following the light across to see that its a cube - otherwise it looks (initially) like a flat-diamond type texture. Maybe not light it from underneath - I like the lighting on the glasses themselves though the shadow looks 'shopped in places (y)

So - please tell, how did you do the floaty type effect? :)

Thank you Carlh for a very good feedback... constructive i mean. I think I will need to work on the light on the rock as you said. It does look flat indeed. The shadow is real but taken in separate exposure. I am finding compositing quite challenging. Thanks again.

Thank you Carlh for a very good feedback... constructive i mean. I think I will need to work on the light on the rock as you said. It does look flat indeed. The shadow is real but taken in separate exposure. I am finding compositing quite challenging. Thanks again.
Will be good to see a re-work (y) so how did you do the floaty effect? :)

Will be good to see a re-work (y) so how did you do the floaty effect? :)

Thanks and here is the re-work. Subtle but I think i cannot go any darker. The floaty effect was to hang the glasses on the fishing lines and above the rock. the rock was sitting on the table - propped. Then at the end i shot the bottom of the rock separately without the props and composited.

25349270010_c0cfe827d5_b.jpg

Back