Flood damaged Lenses

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Help, need some advice, our house got badly flooded yesterday and unfortunately my camera bag was on the floor and around 4” of water got to it,
Now my D7000 and DX2 were out the bag and are ruined and the lenses that were in the bag are damp and a couple are quite wet.
They are 70-200 2.8 mk1, 70-300 4.5dx 1.7 tele converter, 12-24 2.8, 17-55 2.8 dx and a 50mm 1.8D all are Nikon but will they be ok when they get dry or will I get problems later?

Yes, insurance claim but just wondered if I could get away with it

Problem is, they may be fine for a couple of weeks, and then once the water has dried and the insides go rusty and cause problems it may be too late for a claim?

Tough luck though chap, wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

Thank guys, that’s what will happen and it looks like they will do a cash settlement so may look at the mirror less route although I still have my D7200 which luckily was out 9n the table

Thank guys, that’s what will happen and it looks like they will do a cash settlement so may look at the mirror less route although I still have my D7200 which luckily was out 9n the table

Mirrorless is the future... Fuji for APS-C or Sony for FF. :)

Sony mk III series is very nice and a big improvement over previous ones. I would have to consider it if I was starting fresh today. Not cheap though.

That’s tough. Must be a heart-rending experience. I’m sure you’re sensible enough to know this, but try to handle a mirrorless before you buy. For me, the ergonomics of the Fuji system outweigh any IQ benefits of Sony, but that’s my personal view.

if your going the mirrorless route micro four thirds is stunning ,the i.q is superb and olympus and Panasonic bodies lenses work with either system.,if I can get house martins and swallows in flight with my rig after a month then its worth looking at ,there is a thread on here for both Panasonic and olympus worth going through

They came and took the cameras and lenses yesterday and I tried out both the 70-200 2..8 and the 12-24 ax day both seemed ok but they have gone.
It is possible that they may actually give me the lenses and a camera via the insurance and it is new for old so I may end up with the latest model.
And then watch the classifieds :)6

Back