Flopsy........

Name
Jan
Edit My Images
No
..........or a tasty snack for a fox or buzzard if he/she doesn't listen to mum when she says 'don't go wandering around in the middle of the day. Those little legs won't get you out of trouble'
On the Quantocks yesterday, having lunch, and my partner says 'there's a rabbit - right behind you'. Silly little thing even let me creep a bit closer before it ambled off back into the undergrowth
Just in the last couple of weeks I've seen a number of living rabbits and two roadkill - numbers I haven't seen in years, so hopefully they're starting to come out the other side of mixy/RHD

Rabbit.jpg

Bless silly cute......... ya know when ya can't see enough of something.that's this

..I'm so hardwired to hare Jan I forget bunny size back legs. TFS. Jan as we left hare spot yesterday we cam across a kidlet hare, she was jumpy and we watched it bound off down the field paralell to the track we were driving down.......... 1/2 way down field our jaws dropped as little teeny tiny thing opened the throttle and hammered it ful tilt until it crossed track and we lost sight in a maize game cover crop.

Janny I kinda live in this chilled world where I try me bestest to not provoke a full bore flight response. ( heck any flight response)......so I don't think in all the thousands of hare incidents I/We have ever seen a baby full tilt tis breathtaking, like watching a trekky starship go into warp. Our Jaws did genuinely drop

A bunny is NOT a hare Jan it doesn't have those mad kangaroo back legs but they are hardwired fast even as kidlets.........and even though they don't listen to mum I'd reckon within that speed they inhierit so young is why some survive. Yes I know bunny is underground as helpless baby, but when they emerge they have that speed on a shorter run cause they only have to get to burrow ( most times)

Jan soz for going on a waffle and including hare thoughts on your thread, it amazes me little daft largos survive ......seeing full tilt was profound and has relevence with a bunny

Never be sorry about waffle or hares Stu. Your insights are fascinating as I don't, sadly, see many hares - not at home anyway, though years ago I hardly walked across the fields without seeing at least one. It's good to feel optimistic for the rabbits at least. We have lots of deer...........

Thankyou:) ^^^^

I know hare are said to be our fastest land mammal ha an as you know I love me deer esp Roe......... so also spend a bit of time trying to steal the soul of a hare's main competition speed wise.......................seeing that tiny hare made me believe some of what I read in nature books might be true, lol what we saw it's still haunting me;)

Back