Flora.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Just for a change from the fauna. :)

flowers-01.jpg

50mm 1.4.

nice graphic quality to it with the near black and white look, the border suits it nicely too (y)

Hey Noah ..where you bin? :shrug:

Thanks mate. :)

floating in cyberspace wondering what happened to tpf... happy to be back now tho :D

nice shot CT, hmmm trying to figure out what it is, could it be hawthorne flower??

Boon said:
nice shot CT, hmmm trying to figure out what it is, could it be hawthorne flower??
That's what I was thinking but not sure.

Nice one though :)

Boon said:
It's a shrub under the kitchen window. I think it's some sort of hebe hoebe? (sp) The leaves look a bit like an Umbrella Plant'

ah, it's a choisya, dark green (usually) glossy evergreen

Excuse the crap quality - it's nearly dark. LOL

shrub-01.jpg

choiysa ternata sundance, mock orange plant.

See - you learn something every day. :D I actually bought and planted the thing a few years back, but the label's long dropped off. :thinking:

OOh I like that CT.
I have one of those given to me by my neighbour when I moved in. Didnt know a thing about gardening & all I could think of when telling my mother what Id got was 'Choicest Tomato', lol!
I like the way the surroundings fade to black, were the blooms still on the shrub when you took the pic?

InaGlo said:
I like the way the surroundings fade to black, were the blooms still on the shrub when you took the pic?

Yes they were. It was really dull and overcast and I metered for the white blooms - hence the dark background.

I'll have a go, my blooms are a bit pathetic though. Might help I place choicest Tomato in a sunnier spot, I suppose.
Glo's chief gardening rule ... ignore all advice given by seasoned gardeners & shove plant anywhere thats looking bare! ;)

I'm no gardener - I like to see it tidy...sort of, but that's about it. ;)

Boon said:
choiysa ternata sundance, mock orange plant.

I always knew that Boon must sit around all day assimilating knowledge!

Back