Florida birds

Name
Gordon
Edit My Images
Yes
Being a city lad by birth identifying wildlife is a weak point for me, however I do enjoy photographing it. Here are a couple of pictures takes on a recent visit to a swamp in Florida. If I have identified them incorrectly please let me know.
_Anhinga by Gordon Ford, on Flickr

Snowy egret by Gordon Ford, on Flickr

Tern with his catch by Gor[url=https://flic.kr/p/MmGLgc]Tern by Gordon Ford, on Flickrdon Ford[/url], on Flickr

Bald eagle with lunch by Gordon Ford, on Flickr

Hawk by Gordon Ford, on Flickr

Osprey with a catch by Gordon Ford, on Flickr

lovely shots Gordon
where about exactly where they taken as i am going back next year

Thanks holty
They were taken at the Circle B Bar reserve in Winter Haven (google it) It used to be a ranch but was given to the county a while back. It is swamp land with a few trails. Plenty of gators snakes and birds and best of all it's free. The main rule there is that it is the home of the creatures there and you are not to disturb them, IE if a gator/snake/bird is in your way you turn back or wait from them to move as can be seen in this picture!

Sometimes you need to turn back by Gordon Ford, on Flickr

FYI - red shouldered hawk(#6) and caspian tern(#4)
Nice shots -birds are typically approachable (alligators permitting) but the light is often too harsh

Thanks for the bird ID. I often travel with a photographer friend who can identify wildlife for me, she also stops me walking in front of alligators! Here's one for you then, It was on the same path as the gator and I thought it was an ant, however I have been told it is an aggresive wasp and it's sting is exceedingly painful, thankfully it was in a good mood when I got close to it!
_E9I6925.jpg by Gordon Ford, on Flickr

1. Anhinga
2. Snowy egret
3 &4 Royal tern
5.Bald eagle
6 Red shouldered hawk
7 Osprey

Last edited:
lovely shots Gordon
where about exactly where they taken as i am going back next year

Depending on where you are and when you go:

Gaitorland for herons and egrets
Joe Overstreet road for just about anything
Corkscrew swamp for loads of stuff
Merit island for herons, egrets, waders, gulls, skimmers, hawks, eagles, alligators, dolphins, manatees and more.

Back