* Flower Close up*

Name
Donna
Edit My Images
No
Is the lighting OK on this? How can I improve it??

white_oesteo_rs.jpg

Wow. (y)

The lighting looks great to me. What a fantastic flower shot. What is it? What was the setup?

Looks good to me also :)

Lovely shot! I would also like to know how you achieved this one! (whats the flower btw?)

wow - didn't expect such complimentary remarks -:ty: :embarrassed:

it's official name is Osteospermum - basically a big daisy!!

the setup was black card, natural light and a couple of silver and white reflectors (well a bit of white card and scrunched up tinfoil really!!) just to put some light back underneath.

glad you like it - I know some people think flowers are a bit 'BORING' :LOL:

Great shot. Really can't be improved on much at all. Maybe try rotating it a bit towards the camera, so that you can see a bit more of the closest petals. The fact that they come straight towards me, pull my eye down a there a bit. Lighting is 100% perfect though.:)

Wow! ... what they all said to the first shot... superb! (y)
Ive never seen an Osteospurmum with a blue centre before... unusual!

I can see where you were going with the 2nd shot but though you got the light coming through the petals, it seems to miss the mark for some reason.
Maybe try what MK said, sounds like that might do it!

Fantastic shot, I agree with all the above compliments. However, seeing as you asked for it, here's the best I can muster as criticism!

There's comething not quite right about the crop - its tight at the bottom and sides but leaves space at the top. The squarer crop in the second shot works better I reckon.

Seeing as its a very 'formal' shot, I would be tempted to clone out the bit of green between the second and third petals from the right, the two bits of dust on the left hand petals, the bit of dirt on the stem and the couple of tiny strands of cobweb.

Also, a shot in a few days when some more of the 'buds' have opened up around the edges might look even better.

Now how picky is that!

I disagree about the crop. It's just about perfect. Having a bit of negative space in a shot adds to it's flavour imho.

Not too keen on the second, doesn't feel balanced somehow. First is a cracker

WOW :woot: I love it! I don't think flowers are boring at all - soooo pretty. Can't believe you achieved that with a bit of tinfoil - wow!

to be honest up until a week ago i did think flowers were sooooooooooooo boring!!!!!!!!!

but then i joined this forum and my world has changed and a find myself looking for flowers and little mini beasts
to take pics of
cheers to you all on the forum i love it here

but it does take up a lot of my evening ha ha

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

still cant resize my pics though for you all to see bit annoying:bang: :bang: :bang:

Hope you don't mind, have had a slight play with the first, not to improve, just a different mood.

white_oesteo_rs.jpg

Half expected it to be blue when I read that sentance Les :p

I really love the first shot, somehow missed this thread before. I really like the crop and like the out of focus petals pointing right at you! Perfect.

Not as keen on your version Les, looks more moody - but not sure I look moody flowers :)

The 1st doesnt need improving.

I think your first photo is a cracker, great light and composition and the sharpness is spot on.

I'm not as kean with the 'behind' view of the flower though.

Les' effort has given it a nice warm feel but I do prefer the original.

Very Very good shots , I have found that the back of a lot of flowers are very nice if lighted correctly and often ignored .

Absolutely Mint shot.

Flowers are never boring if you have a grain of romance in your body and you haven't had your appreciation of beauty in nature burned out of you by modern life!

Back