Flower's and Water

Name
Karl
Edit My Images
Yes
Go the Sigma 105mm out yesterday after a few failed attempts to get the hang of macro.

Still not there and its getting frustrating to say the least.

Any tips on getting sharper images?

Taken with Canon 450d Tripod mounted with flash and release trigger

IMG_1633copy-1.jpg

IMG_1673copy-1.jpg

IMG_1739copy-1.jpg

feather-1.jpg

IMG_1740copy.jpg

C&C always appreciated..thanks for looking

I don't know what's making them look so flat, maybe its the lighting..
1. there's something wrong with the red, seems a bit ott, tonal changes aren't very graduated, its a tough one to judge because there's no point of reference, the lighting is too....there are no shadows, nothing to pick out form and texture.

2. really flat, like shot in shade

3. the reds are going again in this one too, its blowing the detail, but it has more definition overall.

4. flat, flash could have helped it along a bit.

5. the reds are more controlled in this one, but its wishy washy, can you explain the difference between the greenery in this one and 3.

Non of them are sharp, the flowers seem to lack a focal point.
Sorry I can't be more specific about how to improve them, the lighting is flat try some off camera, they're not sharp I dunno why with a tripod and release, your processing might have something to do with the reds, infact your processing might be a big chunk everything, I dunno.

I wonder if the noise caused by the 800 ISO is partly what is affecting the appearance of sharpness.
Have you tried manual focusing?
I would also suggest trying some side lighting to give more depth.

Lots of noise but great combination of colours and very well framed.

I don't know what's making them look so flat, maybe its the lighting..
1. there's something wrong with the red, seems a bit ott, tonal changes aren't very graduated, its a tough one to judge because there's no point of reference, the lighting is too....there are no shadows, nothing to pick out form and texture.

2. really flat, like shot in shade

3. the reds are going again in this one too, its blowing the detail, but it has more definition overall.

4. flat, flash could have helped it along a bit.

5. the reds are more controlled in this one, but its wishy washy, can you explain the difference between the greenery in this one and 3.

Non of them are sharp, the flowers seem to lack a focal point.
Sorry I can't be more specific about how to improve them, the lighting is flat try some off camera, they're not sharp I dunno why with a tripod and release, your processing might have something to do with the reds, infact your processing might be a big chunk everything, I dunno.

Thanks for the comments really appreciate it.

The colours may be down to my processing.

When I first got the camera out the sun was shining through the patio doors onto the table..it soon disappeared and the room became darkish.I was using the flash on the camera on most of the shots I took.

Keep trying I suppose lol

I wonder if the noise caused by the 800 ISO is partly what is affecting the appearance of sharpness.
Have you tried manual focusing?
I would also suggest trying some side lighting to give more depth.

Most of them were set to auto ISO and the camera choose 800

I did manual focus on them but also tried auto as had problems in past with Macro

Try Try and try again lol

thanks for the comments

Out of the lot, number two is my fave, just lovely :)

Just needs a colour boost :)

Back