fly macro

Name
stewart
Edit My Images
Yes
This image was taken with a 350D and 60mm. I would have liked a dioptre on but didnt have one with me at the time. This is more or less straight out of camera with no cropping. C & C welcome.
3896534491_e56b272015_o.jpg

Last edited:
What 60mm is this with, Stew?

Its the Canon 60mm . I use it a lot for underwater macro.

Stew

Thanks, Stew. I'm looking into macro lenses at the mo. I take it you have no problem shooting bugs at 60mm?

Its the Canon 60mm . I use it a lot for underwater macro.

Stew

Interesting comment Stew? Diver then?
What housing do you use for the 350 etc etc.
Guess its obvious I am a diver and interested in getting kit underwater next year.

The fly shot is great, nice and sharp.

How close were you with the 60mm to capture this?

Sorry so many questions, but you have opened a floodgate of things in my mind at the moment.

I use the sea and sea housing and sea and sea ys 90 strobes.
Off back out to Sharm on saturday so will have loads to show in 3 weeks time.
I have just purchased the 5D mk2 so all of my kit will be up for sale next year once I have saved the 3K for the Mk2 housing.

I use the Tokina 10-17mm FE for W/A which a dream lens underwater when its behind a nice big dome port.

Stew

Thanks, Stew. I'm looking into macro lenses at the mo. I take it you have no problem shooting bugs at 60mm?

It is tricky and to be honest i would prefer the 100mm canon, especially the new one. I use the 60mm most of the time underwater and it is a great lens for macro. It is also good for portraits.

Stew

Back