Flycam Mozy

Name
James
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys I'm pretty new to the forum in fact this is my first post, I've been looking at handheld stabilisers to start doing some filming. I use my gopro but to get some other shots from different points of view I want to use my Dslr. Not got huge amounts of money and found the Flycam Mozy, does anyone have any experience or know if they're any good? Cheers :)

Not heard of it- and not come across anyone else that has either. That either means it's a great piece of kit no one has heard of or it's crap.

Looking at pictures I'm far from convinced it's the former. Unfortunately decent stabilisers are expensive- a bit like decent camera sliders and tripods.

It's a bit of a lottery at the other end- some kit is good value and others you end up buying twice. Maybe look at something by Glide Gear/ Eimo. Personally I'd be wanting a few reviews for some piece of mind although even then it can be a risk.

I've not used the Mozy but i have used one similar to it. Briefly before I sent it back for a refund. Personally I found the DSLR to be at the upper end of what these can carry. Plus DSLR's are not centre weighted which meant I had to adjust the weights to one side to balance it. The only thing keeping it balanced then was the friction of the nut/bolt keeping the weights at an angle which with a bit of vigorous flying would make the camera off balance.

Have you looked at these? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/S40-Camer..._Tripods_Heads_Stablisers&hash=item5d479476ba

I've got one and whilst it's not the best, it's good unless you want to spend a lot more money.

Must watch guyss!!!!!! pretty Cool....I really like the way it capture the footage from Wedding....

Back