Flying Aces - Stow Maries Aerodrome

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Somebody must have been saying lots of prayers to fix the weather for this event. Here's a selection of my images:

stow-1010.jpg

stow-1024.jpg

stow-1008.jpg

stow-1019.jpg

stow-1029.jpg

stow-1013.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Paul

A nice selection of shots, it certainly was a good day. A pity the wind was too strong for the WWI biplanes to land.

Best wishes, Mark Huff

Nice set of vintage aircraft, great range of colours and nice composition! Particularly like the yellow tiger moth.

Exactly why you shouldn't stand in the naughty field!

Except it crashed in a field about a mile South of it.
Working to that assumption, you shouldn't walk under the approach to 27Left at Heathrow either.
Nor drive on the M1.
I could go on and on about it, but having been involved in contingency planning for aircraft accidents, I still go to the naughty field without being worried about it.

Except it crashed in a field about a mile South of it.
Working to that assumption, you shouldn't walk under the approach to 27Left at Heathrow either.
Nor drive on the M1.
I could go on and on about it, but having been involved in contingency planning for aircraft accidents, I still go to the naughty field without being worried about it.

Ah yes but Jumbo jets aren't doing complicated flight displays are they? (y)

Ah yes but Jumbo jets aren't doing complicated flight displays are they

Nope they aren't, but the most dangerous part of any flight is landing & taking off. Far more problems happen then than during displays.
Like a 777 on 27 Left at Heathrow. It made the runway undershoot, just!
A BM 737 at Kegworth, which hit the M1, luckily it managed to miss all the traffic. Although the same can't be said of the private jets that went off the end of Southampton and Northolt, but of which hit vehicles on the M27 and M40 respectively.

So is the naughty field unsafe? No evidence to say it is. Is inside any safer? Nope, more people have been injured and killed INSIDE British Airshows since WW2 ended than outside.

I didn't know Russell had Big Beautiful Doll up there!!

I'd have come up for a few shots myself, totally missed the event!

Nice shots, great clear sky for it.

The last time I saw this BBD, it was based at Damyns Hall Upminster. Not sure if it still is, perhaps someone could comment?

Stupid there from me, I was at Duxford last year at flying legends...

So the model club were up there then! It's still their spot I believe

The last time I saw this BBD, it was based at Damyns Hall Upminster. Not sure if it still is, perhaps someone could comment?

She crashed (pilot survived) at Flying Legends last year at Duxford. A great shame and I can't believe incompletely forgot about it!!

Big Beautiful Doll is not what it appears. If you look at the size of the pilot in the plane the pilot is very large or the aircraft is small. I believe the Mustang may be one of these.

http://www.campbellaeroclassics.com/id55.html

Best wishes, Mark

I think you two may be correct, as it was certainly a 3/4 scale replica of BBD.

Back