Flying bird

JaR

Edit My Images
No
This bird "hang" in the air above the boat I was sailing with.

And then a question why is the sky blue on one picture and gray on the other when its taken in almost same direction few seconds after and there wasnt any clouds?

Billede_262.jpg

Billede_260.jpg

JaR

good capture!

No idea about the clouds though, im SURE someone bright will be along soon to tell us though!

Nice shot.

Were you using a polarizing filter? A polarizing filter darkens and enhances a blue sky the most when it's used in an area of the sky at around 90 degrees from the sun.

Whether you were or not, I'd imagine the bird has moved between shots further than you think and the amount of light scatter depending where your pointing your camera in relation to the sun can vary enormously, having a significant effect on colour saturation.

Edit

In fact if you look at the shadow under the wing you can see the first shot was far more into the light (toward the sun) than the second.

im SURE someone bright will be along soon to tell us though!

Well in the meantime, I reckon it's partly down to the exposures being quite different and I'm going to guess that you were using auto white balance.

Matt said:
The first shot has metered of the seagull, the second the sky.

A bit simplistic there Matt... I'd have thought if he'd metered off the sky in the second shot that bird would have been well under-exposed.

Back